Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with £86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening it deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day.
What would you do? Draw out every penny, of course! Did you realise, each of us has such a bank.
Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits us with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off - as lost - whatever of this we have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries over no balance.
It allows no overdraft.
Each day it opens a new account for
If we fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is ours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow". You must live in the present on today's deposits.
We should continually invest
in this bank so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and
The clock is running so make the
most of each day:
· To realise the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.
· To realise the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a pre-mature baby.
To realise the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of
a weekly newspaper whose deadline missed a scoop.
· To realise the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
· To realise the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed their train.
To realise the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person
who just avoided an accident.
· To realise the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won silver rather than gold at the Olympics.
We must treasure every moment that we have together! And treasure it more because we share it with each other.